Strategic Initiative III
Develop a multi-year financial process that assures adequate, sustainable funding for the next twenty years
Goal 1: Explore new funding sources
- Identify grant opportunities and establish connections with community donors for future donation possibilities.
- Secured a grant from ALA and NEH to act as a focus group for book selection for the NEH Muslim Journeys Project
- Applied for a $2,500 grant for the America’s Music: A Film History of Our Popular Music from Blues to Bluegrass to Broadway film and discussion program
- Identify partners to sponsor large events.
- Grew partnership with Ann Arbor Summer Festival, providing access to large local audience, sophisticated venues, and traveling acts for signature AADL events.
Goal 2: Operate the library in a fiscally responsible manner as determined by law so that revenue and expenses are balanced and funding resources are taken advantage of as they become available.
- Focus efficiency-building on financial resources reclaimed from ongoing cost management.
- Evaluate scheduling of public service desks, establishing procedures that minimize costs without negative impact on patrons.
- Network with other large library systems to capitalize upon industry successes.
- Participated in 2nd year of the IMLS grant through King County Library, enabling AADL to investigate and keep abreast of critical new tools in the industry.
- Collaborated with Harvard Library Innovation Lab on Digital Public Library of America Beta Sprint projects, Shelf Life & Library Cloud.
- Quantify savings and disseminate information about good stewardship.