Strategic Initiative VI
Develop and maintain clean, safe, physical facilities that creatively meet the needs of the community and staff with an emphasis on sustainability, accessibility and flexibility
Goal 1: Renovate or replace the downtown library with attention to the condition of the existing building; tax base; revenue stream; development of surrounding properties and demographics
- In March 2012, a poll was conducted by EPIC-MRA to determine the public's attitude about the services and facilities provided by AADL and their willingness to fund a downtown facility project. The results of that poll are here.
- The Library Board held 3 Community Forums in June 2012 to discuss the challenges and opportunities of the Downtown Library and gather feedback from the public.
- Provide a welcoming environment to those with disabilities.
- AATA installed sound and light notification system for patrons using the A-Ride pickup service.
- Provide various configurations of public space to increase small study group accommodation.
- Improve accommodation of large audiences for popular Downtown programs so that we no longer have to split audiences.
Goal 2: Maximize the efficiency and utilization of meeting rooms and other facilities
- Develop metrics in order to increase occupancy rates.
- Expand opportunities for structured meeting room use without the overhead of an AADL-hosted program, such as classes hosted by partners or social viewing of international television.
- Provided space for Washtenaw Literacy to hold ESL conversation groups at the Traverwood Branch.
- Provided ongoing space on a weekly basis for the WISD’s W-A-Y Washtenaw program.
- Improve Downtown event attendee experiences by providing state-of-the-art venues and up-to-date furnishings.
- Completed upgrade to Multi-Purpose Room sound system to better accommodate the range of programming at AADL.